Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- 250 gms of A2 paneer
- 4 teaspoon of desi cow ghee
- Cumin seeds
- Asafoetida / Hing
- 2-3 Green chilies
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- 4 cups of spinach chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1-inch ginger (grated or finely chopped)
- Garam Masala
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cream (optional)
How to make Keto friendly Palak Paneer
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Make sure you are using 100% pure desi cow ghee only
- Once hot, add the cumin seeds, hing and green chillies
- Add the ginger and garlic and saute
- Add the chopped onions and cook until pink
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft
- Add the spinach and cover the pan for 2 minutes
- Cook the spinach for 5-7 minutes and allow this mixture to cool down
- Blend the mixture into a smooth paste. Add a tablespoon of water if needed.
- Transfer the paste in the same pan again and add salt (check the taste of paste before adding salt as spinach is already salty)
- Add the garam masala.
- Cut the paneer into cubes and add to the gravy. You can make a homemade A2 paneer as well. Read our recipe for making Homemade A2 Paneer here
- Add a dash of fresh cream just before serving it hot. You can skip the fresh cream if you don’t like the flavour.
- You can serve the Palak Paneer with some cauliflower rice or keto roti (using almond flour)
Keto diet is one of the popular diets for weight loss. The simple technique of including protein and fat-rich food in your diet and eliminating carbs can be tricky for vegetarians. This is because vegetarian food is not as widely promoted as protein-rich as chicken or eggs. But, there are many recipes that can be made using 100% pure vegetarian ingredients and still be keto-friendly. Bodhishop.in brings to you a very popular Indian vegetarian recipe which is keto-friendly, tasty and full of flavour.
Can we have desi ghee during keto diet?
Yes. Ghee is pure butter fat where all the milk solids have been evaporated. In addition to providing you with vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids, ghee also makes food quite delicious.
Is paneer allowed in keto diet?
Yes. Paneer is a very rich source of protein which is an essential part of the Keto diet. You can consume different variations of paneer in your keto diet. Also, paneer is an excellent option for proteins in a vegetarian diet.
Is palak paneer keto-friendly?
Yes. Palak Paneer is one the easiest and tastiest keto-friendly main course dishes in vegetarian Indian cuisine. You are allowed to consume less than 50 carbs a day in a keto diet. The carbs that you consume in Palak Paneer are much lesser than 50 gms.
Where can I buy pure A2 Ghee?
To buy 100% pure Desi Gir Cow A2 Ghee made using the traditional Vedic process, click here
What is A2 Ghee Price?
Desi Cow A2 Ghee starts at Rs. 549/- Click here to check the prices for all our products.
This article is a property of Bodhishop.in Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing of the above article.