Gulkand for Summers - A sweet preserve to help you beat the heat
As the summers approach, the blatant heat starts showing signs of fatigue caused by the sun. Exhaustion and tiredness are common in summers. On some difficult days, it is hard to feel fresh and rejuvenated no matter how many fluids you drink throughout the day. And then one small voice in your head that resembles your mother or grandmother says, "I told you to eat some gulkand in the morning. Why did you not listen to me?"
By now, we should have come to accept one fact: We cannot ignore what our earlier generation advised us to eat. However simple and easy their ways were, they work. Look at the innocent gulkand! We only associated it with the paanshots, gulkand icecream and some delicious desserts. While we completely ignored the numerous health benefits the gulkand offers, we happily sipped the gulkand milkshake that mother made us in the summers for years! In our busy lifestyle, we forgot to make it for ourselves and the heat realted problems started reflecting...
Heat in summers and the problems it causes
Summers are known to bring along with them fatigue, lethargy and tiredness. Acidity, acne, pimples, heartburn as just a few problems caused due to the high heat in sumeer season. Not to mention the occasional nosebleed that many children have to face due to venturing out to play or school. Even palms and feet become very dry and get burning sensations due to the heat. Mouth ulcers caused by heat are also quite common in summers.
These issues in the summer have always been prevalent in areas with dry heat. Since there is no humidity, even the winds are pretty hot and cause weakness. In areas with humidity, sweating in scorching heat also leads to a feeling of being drained out at the end of the day.
Benefits of having Gulkand in Summers!
- The cooling properties in gulkand are best known to treat all heat related problems like fatigue, lethargy and tiredness.
- Being a natural coolant, Gulkand is perfect for summers. Consuming Gulkand is beneficial to keep the body cool.
- Having gulkand regularly provides relief for burning sensation on palms and soles.
- Regular consumption of Gulkand in the summers can prevent the nosebleed.
- Acne and pimples are causes due to excess heat in body. Consuming gulkand can help in preventing acne and pimples by keeping the body cool.
- Gulkand helps in treating acidity and heartburn.
- Gulkand is beneficial to having mouth ulcers caused due to excess heat in the body.
- Rose petals and other rose extract offer anti-inflammatory effects. It helps reduce inflammation of the skin.
How do you consume Gulkand in summer?
The best way to consume Gulkand in summer is with cold milk. This means you can make gulkand milkshake with plain cold milk and a spoonful of gulkand.
Alternatively, you can put a teaspoon of gulkand in a beetle leaf and enjoy a masala paan post your meal.
Paan shots, gulkand icecreams, gukand flavoured barfi, basundhi, etc can be made with Gulkand and relished throughout the summer.
Does your kitchen have some gulkand?
If not, Bodhishop.in has the best gulkand made using just the damascus rose petals and organically cultivated sugar. That's all. No presrvatives, no colours, no flavours and no chemicals added to this delicious jam. Our simple traditional gulkand. Click here to check it out.
This article is a property of Bodhishop.in Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact email@example.com for licensing of above article.