Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- Sprouted Organic Whole Masoor Beans - 1 Cup
- Traditional Organic Basmati Rice - 2 Cups
- Desi Cow Ghee - 4 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole spices - 2 Bay leaves, 4-5 Peppercorn, 1 Black Cardamom, 1-inch cinnamon, 2 Star anise, 4-5 Cloves
- 2 medium-sized onions - finely slices
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes - finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 tablespoon
- Organic Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilly Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Biryani Masala - 2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons (or as per taste)
- Coriander - finely chopped
Steps to make Organic Masoor Pulao
Step 1 - Soak the rice
- Wash the traditional basmati rice twice with water.
- Soak it in water for 20 minutes.
Step 2 - Preparing the pulao
- In a pan take 2 tablespoons of desi cow ghee and heat it (You can use a pressure cooker to make this too)
- All add the whole spices and stir them. Add the cumin seeds.
- Once the seeds have crackled, add the onion slices and stir. the onions must turn golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute or until the raw smell of the paste goes away.
- Add the tomatoes and cover the pan. In a minute or 2, the tomatoes will become soft and mushy.
- At this point add all the dry spices and let the masala cook for a minute.
- Now add the sprouted Masoor beans and mix well. You can add 1 to 2 tablespoon of water at this stage.
- Let the masoor beans cook for 2-3 minutes by covering the pan with the lid.
- Open the lid and stir again.
- Now drain the water from the soaked rice and add the rice to the masoor mixture.
- Stir well for 5 to 8 minutes.
- In another vessel keep 4 cups of water to boil.
- Once you have stirred the rice mixture for 5-7 minutes, add the hot water to it.
- Add the salt
- Now let the pulao boil for 7-8 minutes or until the rice is cooked upto 80%
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee in the pulao and close the lid and let it cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Open the lid and add 1 tablespoon of ghee and chopped coriander. Mix well.
- Serve the pulao hot with chilled raita and papad.
This article is a property of Bodhishop.in Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing of the above article