Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes
- Gavar/cluster beans - 250 grams
- Potatoes chopped - 2 medium-sized
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Organic turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon Organic crushed jaggery
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon crushed groundnuts (roasted)
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed sesame seeds (roasted and optional)
- Red chilly powder - 1 teaspoon
- Goda Masala - 1 teaspoon
- salt as required
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
How to make Gavarichi Bhaji?
Step 1 - Preparing the Gavar and potatoes
- Wash and dry the Gavar beans
- Remove the ends of the beans
- Break the Gavar beans into small pieces with your fingers.
- You can use a knife to chop the Gavar in case you do not wish to break it.
- Peel the potatoes
- Chop the potatoes in small pieces and soak in water
Step 2 - Make the bhaji
- Heat the oil in a kadhai
- Once hot, add the mustard seeds and let them crackle
- Add the asafoetida and Organic turmeric in the oil
- Now add the chopped potatoes
- Cook the potatoes until they are 50% done
- Now add the Gavar beans and stir
- Cook the vegetables by covering the pan for about 5-7 minutes
- Now add the grated coconut, crushed peanuts and crushed sesame seeds.
- Stir all the ingredients well and cover the pan and cook for another 2 minutes
- At this stage, you will notice that the Gavar will have shrunk a little bit.
- Now add red chilly powder, goda masala and salt to taste.
- Add the crushed jaggery and stir well
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add a dash of water at any stage if you feel that the bhaji is sicking to the kadhai
- Add the chopped coriander and serve with roti or dal rice.
This article is a property of Bodhishop.in Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact email@example.com for licensing of the above article