Carrot Cake with Desi Ghee instead of butter | Eggless Recipe
- All purpose Flour - 150 gms
- Powdered Khandsari Sugar - 150 gms
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry Ginger powder (Sunth) - 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 2 teaspoon
- Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - Half Teaspoon
- Plain yoghurt or curd - 100 ml
- Pure Desi Cow Ghee - 90 ml
- Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
- Carrots - 200 gms (grated)
- Walnuts - 50 gms (chopped)
- For the frosting: (totally optional. skip thois if you want to totally avoid butter)
- Cream cheese - 100 gms
- Butter - 100 gms
- Powdered sugar - 100 gms
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 teaspoon
How to make Carrot Cake with desi ghee instead of butter?
Step 1 - Mix the dry ingredients
- In a sieve, take the all purpose flour/maida, 1 teaspoon baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Once sieved, add the cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and dry ginger powder.
- Whist this to mix all ingredients properly.
- Keep aside.
Step 2 - Mix the wet ingredients
- In a big bowl, take the powdered sugar, ghee, vanilla, yoghurt or curd, vinegar, baking soda and beat this mixture with a whisk.
Step 3 - Prepare the walnuts and baking dish
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of the dry mixture to the walnuts and toss it.
- Line the baking dish with butter paper and preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. I took an 8 inch baking dish.
Step 4 - Mix everything!
- Add the grated carrots and walnut to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and fold. Do not over mix.
Step 5 - Bake
- Add the cake batter in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Step 6 - Cool down
- Remove the cake when warm and take off the butter paper
- Transfer it on a cooling rack and let it cool down.
At this stage, the cake is honestly ready to be consumed. If you want to put on the frosting, follow the next steps....
Step 7 - Make the frosting
- In a bowl, Take the butter and cream cheese and beat well
- Add the vanilla essence and mix
- Add the powdered sugar and beat well
Step 8 - Apply frosting on the cake
- Apply the frosting on the cake
- Add some chopped toated walnuts on the top for decoration.
- Keep in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving!
Do try this out! Follow the instructions and the cake will come out to be delicious! And, if you do try it, leave a comment to share your experience with the cake ...