Mango Shira | Mango Halwa with A2 Ghee
Ingredients for Mango Shira
Tip - Use the same cup to measure your ingredients. I used a medium size bowl.
- Rawa - 1 cup
- A2 Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Pureed fresh Mango - 2 cups
- Khandsari Sugar - 1 cup (You can increase the quantity by 1/4th cup if you prefer very sweet shira)
- Milk - 1 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Kesar - 5-6 strands (optional)
- Almonds and pistachios - 1 tablespoon chopped (optional)
How to make Mango Shira / Mango Halwa?
Step 1 - Roast the rawa
- In a kadhai, add the ghee and heat. Keep 1 tablespoon ghee aside.
- Add rawa and roast until golden brown.
Step 2 - Add mangoes and kesar
- Add the mango puree to the rawa along with the kesar strands
- Roast the rawa with the mango puree for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3 - Milk and water
- Add the milk and water to the rawa and mango mixture.
- Stir well and keep a lid
- Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes
- Open the lid and stir
- Add the chopped nuts now
- Keep the lis and steam again for 2-3 minutes.
Step 4 - Sugar
- Open the lip and add sugar
- Mix well
- Add 1 tablespoon ghee and mix again
- Keep a lid and steam for 3-4 minutes
Step 5 - Serve
While serving the prasad, put a tulsi leaf on the shira and then offer.
Spicy Puris with Khapli Wheat Flour
Ingredients for Spicy Puris
Tip: To fry the puris I have used cold pressed groundnut oil. You can use ghee as well.
- Khapli Wheat Flour - 1 cup
- Besan atta - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Khandsari sugar - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Organic turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ajwain - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Corainder powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Groundnut oil - 1 tablespoon
- Oil for frying
How to make Spicy Puris?
Step 1 - Make the dough
- Add atta, besan, sugar, salt and all the spices in the flour
- Ad water and knead well to make a medium tough dough
- Rest the dough for 5 minutes
Step 2 - Roll the puris
- Make small balls of the dough
- Roll out puris which are not to thin so that they puff up
Tip: Do not use atta to roll out the puris. Use a drop of oil if you feel that the puris are sticking to your rolling pin
Step 3 - Fry the puris
- Heat the oil for frying in a kadhai. Take a deep kadhai
- Once hot, add a puri and fry till nice golden brown
Step 4 - Serve
Serve hot with Chutney or achaar
Coconut and Coriander Chutney
Ingredients for Coconut-coriander chutney
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Chopped coriander - 1/2 cup
- Curd - 2 tablespoon
- Fresh ginger - 1/4th inch
- Green chilly - 1 -2
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Khandsari Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 5-6 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to make Coconut-coriander chutney?
Step 1 - Blend the dry ingredients
- In a mixer jar, take coconut, coriander, ginger, chilly, cumin seeds, salt ad sugar
- Blend it.
- Add water and make a smooth chutney
Step 2 - Add curd
- Remove the chutney in a bowl
- Add the curd and mix well
Step 3 - Serve
Serve it in any meal of your choice!
Do you make an elaborate naivedya\prasadam? What delicacies do you like? Share with us in the comments section.