The demand for pure desi ghee is increasing and more people are becoming aware about the amazing benefits that Ghee brings along. It is not shocking to see ghee replacing most of the cooking fats in the kitchen. Be it butter or oil, ghee has slowly started taking their place in most kitchens. But is ghee really better than butter? What about the health benefits? Is it compliant with our new age diets like Keto or Whole30?
Ghee vs Butter - What is the difference?
- Ghee has a higher smoke point than butter. Ghee smokes at approx. 250 degrees Celsius while butter smokes at approx. 175 degrees Celsius.
- Ghee contains a lower amount of dairy contents like lactose and casein than butter
- People with an allergy to dairy can consume ghee but not butter
- One tablespoon of ghee has 120 calories and butter has 102 calories
- Although both the products are made from milk, the process of making and the properties are quite different.
- Butter has more of a creamy texture and taste while pure ghee has a granular texture and a nutty flavour.
Is ghee healthier than butter?
- Due to the higher smoke point, it is the best option to use for frying and cooking.
- Ghee is rich in vitamins A, D, E, and K which proves to be a source of good antioxidants.
- A human body needs some amount of healthy fats to function properly. Ghee is considered as the healthiest source of fat when consumed in moderation.
- Ghee is known to boost metabolism and increases immunity as well.
- Ghee contains a fatty acid named butyrate acid which is known to aid digestion and is responsible for the anti-inflammatory effects of consuming ghee.
- The health benefits of consuming ghee are far more than that of butter.
- Also, ghee is completely accepted in the Keto and Whole30 diets.
- Ghee does not need refrigeration as it can be stored at room temperature for weeks (It should be stored away from direct sunlight and moisture.)
Can you use ghee instead of butter in cooking?
You can easily use Ghee instead of Butter. Ghee is pure butter fat and any food tastes amazing when cooked in ghee. The nutty flavour enhances the taste of any dish. It is an excellent option for frying and sauteing food. Even when you bake, ghee is a great replacement for butter. Many households in India use ghee as a spread over their bread instead of cheese or butter.
Is ghee better than butter on keto?
Yes. Ghee is better than butter for keto. Ghee is pure butterfat which has no residue of any milk solids or sugars left in it. Also, it contains medium chain fatty acids which are better for a keto diet. Hence it makes perfect to be consumed while on Keto or Ketogenic diet.
Where can I buy cow ghee?
To buy 100% pure Desi Gir Cow Ghee made using the traditional Vedic process, click here
What is cow ghee price?
Desi Cow Ghee starts at Rs. 549/- Click here to check the prices for all our products.
To buy 100% pure Desi Cow Ghee made using the traditional Vedic process, click here
This article is a property of Bodhishop.in Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing of the above article.