Khapli Wheat, also called as Emmer Wheat, is the native variety of wheat traditionally grown in Southern Maharashtra, Karnataka, Saurashtra region of Coastal Gujarat, and some parts of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. This gluten-free variety of wheat is highly recommended for people with gluten allergies and those with sugar related issues.
Rotis, phulkas and parathas are a staple in many Indian homes. Everyday meals consist of atleast one bread preparation made with atta. Many wheat varieties have high gluten content in them which makes them unsuitable for people with diabetes and gluten allergies. Khapli wheat atta is perfect for these lot.
What are the health benefits of consuming Khapli Wheat Atta?
1. There is scientific evidence that khapli wheat is great for diabetics as it has the ability to lower blood sugar levels.
2. Emmer wheat has complex carbs that can boost your immunity. It is thus, a great grain for children, adults and senior citizens.
3. Gluten molecule is weak in khapli wheat and is thus suitable for people with gluten intolerance.
4. Khapli wheat has the ability to lower bad cholesterol and is this good for heart patients.
5. Khapli wheat has twice the fibre and twice the protein of khapli wheat. It will fill you faster and will reduce hunger pangs, thus aiding weight loss.
6. Emmer wheat is rich in niacin of Vitamin B3, which is great for your heart and cholesterol levels. Emmer is also a rich source of magnesium and iron.
7. Pregnant women and women post pregnancy can also benefit by including emmer wheat in their diet, because of its rich nutrient profile. (Source: NDTV)
Is Khapli wheat atta different than regular atta?
The regular atta that you get in the market can be a mix of different varieties of wheat like sharbati, lokwan, sehore, etc. Many times, the wheat used in making this atta is often grown by using genetic modifications (GMO). There is a big chance that these attas available in the market easily have high gluten content in them.
The Khapli atta that you find on Bodhishop, is made with khapli wheat that is organically grown without any GMO and chemicals. The gluten content in this atta is specifically mentioned to maintain transparency.
The rotis made with this atta turn out slightly darker than the usual atta that you find in the market. (Check out the photo below for reference.)
*Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Bodhishop recommends to always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information.
This article is a property of Bodhishop.in Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact email@example.com for licensing of above article.
Excellent informative message,,,, I like to try out… Being a Diabetic… 🙏🏾