We all love the tangy taste of the ripe and juicy tomatoes in our food. Be it a salad or curry, many are incomplete without tomatoes. You can use sun dried tomatoes to enhance the flavour in many daily dishes as well. In fact, they are a saviour when you are out of tomatoes too!
How to reconstitute sun dried tomatoes at home?
- Take a clean heat-proof vessel
- Add the sun dried tomatoes to the bowl
- Add boiling water on the tomatoes until they are completely immersed in the water
- Use a spoon to push the tomatoes inside the water in case they start floating
- Place a lid on the bowl and allow the tomatoes to rest for 30 minutes.
- Open lid after 30 minutes and check if the tomatoes are soft.
- Drain the water and use the reconstituted tomatoes in you recipes.
P. S. You can use the water for soups and curries in which you add tomatoes and avoid wastage of water.
How to store reconstituted sun dried tomatoes?
You can refrigerate the left over tomatoes in an air tight container and use in the next 2 days.
Cover the tomatoes with olive oil with a little amount of salt and use within 2 weeks.
For the longest time, we have believed that sun dried tomatoes are only used in Italian food and some select continental dishes. But when you reconstitute the sun dried tomatoes, they can be used in almost any tomato based dish.
Indian food makes use of tomatoes in many dishes like curries, sautéed veggies, pancakes and even lentils. Apart from fresh salads, reconstituted sun dried tomatoes can be used in almost every Indian preparation too.
Where can I get sun dried tomatoes online?
Bodhishop has the best and organic dry tomatoes which you can purchase by clicking here
Can I get sun dried tomatoes online in India?
Of course! All you have to do is visit Bodhishop or click here
This article is a property of Bodhishop.in Any unauthorized duplication, reproduction or publication is strictly prohibited. Contact email@example.com for licensing of above article.